It's Christmas Party season... Again! And year after year I have fiends, family and clients asking me "what should I do with my hair?"... So I've come up with 3 easy Up-Do's you can even get your friends to help you with! Simple!.. I have attached step by step pictures and finished looks at the bottom of this article for you to have a glance at!
• Put your hair into a ponytail, tight or loose whichever you fancy and wherever you want to see the main body of the style.
• Simply tie the ponytail like you would a shoelace, tie multiple times until you run out of hair to tie.
• Fold hair over and twist into shape wherever you desire!
• Pin in with a 'U' Pin or Grips (depending on what you prefer) a Geisha Pin is ideal for this style as two will fix even the thickest hair in place!
• Envelope in strong hold hairspray (I reccomend Sebastian Professional's Shaper Fierce) - use a shine spray to add extra gloss and shimmer. Easy!
The Pony Roll.
• Again this look starts with a tight pony where you want the roll, straight at the back is a beautiful classic look.
• Pull band down the hair whilst pushing down on top of hair below the band to create a pocket.
• Keep pulling band until you have about 4 inches of hair left in ponytail.
• Roll pony into the pocket and pin into place using your desired pins
• hairspray into place and have the perfect Christmas party roll. Customise with whatever you want!
The Plait Bun.
• You may need a pair of extra hands for this one, a creative partner so to speak. Ideal if your getting ready at a friends house!
• Split hair into two sections, from crown to back of ears. So you have front section and back section.
• Plait from the nape upti the crown an keep plaiting, tie off with a little elastic.
• Using a soft bristle brush, brush hair from sides and front back towards crown and gather plait and hair in one hand and tie of at roots into a pony tail. All hair should be in one band now!
• Twist all hair together (backcombed if necessary!) making sure you show the plait off intertwined in the bun!
• Pin into place! And finish with hairspray! (Sebastian Zero Gravity is perfect for this!) ... Done!!
Good luck! Enjoy playing!
- Pictures -